Monday, August 10, 2015

Praying for the Generations II


The photo above shows three generations of our family.  I am to the left, then my grandson-in-law, Josh who is Kailey's husband (Kailey is not pictured), my daughter-in-law, Traci, who is a breast cancer survivor (remember, you prayed for her last year), and her daughter and my granddaughter, Katelyn.

Last night we had the great pleasure of hearing our granddaughter give her testimony about her mission adventures in New York City for a month and in Asia for a month this summer.

As I sat and listened to her, tears rolled down my cheeks as I recalled the many prayers I have prayed over the years that my lineage would take the gospel to the nations.*  How faithful God is to answer our prayers when we do not pray amiss.  James 4:3

It is my desire to not waste my prayers by asking amiss. And I admit it is easy to get caught up in prayers of selfishness--

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.  Deut. 6:5-9



 Heavenly Father, 
It is our desire to be faithful to pray for our children and grandchildren and all those to come after us in our lineage. 
It is also our desire to be diligent to talk to them about you--to talk of your unfailing love and promises, to let them see the ways you work in our own lives--to make known the fact that you have never and will never let us down. 
That you will always be there for us and never leave us-- Father, in so doing, it is our hope and prayer that their hearts will be prepared for the day when they are confronted with You and making the eternal choice of a personal relationship with the God of the Universe through our Savior the Lord Jesus Christ. 
Lord, we pray that each generation of our lineage would be faithful to tell of your great love, to make living for you a priority in their families. 
We pray that not one of our lineage will be lost to the enemy of our soul--that ALL would come to a saving knowledge of You. 
In Jesus' Name, 
Amen

*taking the gospel to the nations can be walking across the street to your neighbor's house, a fellow student in your biology class out for coffee or lunch, or wherever God leads you--



I love hearing from you. Email address can be accessed at top left of this page.
And I desire your prayers for my knee replacement surgery tomorrow.  Thank you so very much!


© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2015