Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Circle of Strength

Photobucket

The following is an entry from my journal of 2001. While praying for my family tonight, I went back to reread some of my old journal entries. I hope these excerpts bless you and gives you hope and strength for whatever your family may be facing at the present.

Oh God, what do you desire for my family today? That they may be one, that they glorify you--that they have peace? You said, "My peace I leave with you." Grant us Your Peace.

Father, I thank you that you have blessed our family with all spiritual blessings in Christ Jesus.

I pray that all of our homes will be built with skillful and godly wisdom--that by Your understanding each couple will establish their home on a sound and good foundation and that by Your knowledge all the chambers will be filled with rare and priceless treasure.

Our homes are securely built on the Rock--revelation knowledge of Your Word, Jesus is our cornerstone. Jesus is Lord of each household. Jesus is our Lord--spirit, soul, and body.

Whatever may be our task today, let us work at it heartily as something done for You, Lord, and not for men. Let us love each other with Your kind of love, and we will dwell in peace. We deposit our homes into Your charge, we entrust our loved ones to Your protection and care.

Father, as for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord in Jesus Name.

November 2, 2001--Oh God, that my family would come to you today and eat the richest of fare--Let them eat so that their souls may live--This is my prayer for them today. -- From Isaiah 55

I pray that they will seek you while You maybe be found, that they would call on you while you are near--I pray that each one would turn from sin in their lives and that you would have mercy on them Father God.

In the Name of Jesus I pray and confess Your Word over my children and grandchildren, my nieces and nephews. Lord, I surround them all with my faith--faith in YOUR WORD that you watch over it to perform it--I confess that they are disciples of Christ taught of the Lord and obedient to Your Will. Great is the peace of my children, because You, God, contend with that which contends with my children, and You give them safety and ease.

November 7, 2001

Dear Family, I pray that all of you would be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. I urge you and pray that you put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. I pray that you realize that your struggle is not against flesh and blood but against forces of evil in the heavenly realms--

I pray that you put on this full armor of God so that when the day of evil comes, you will be able to stand your ground and after you have done everything--to STAND.

I pray for our whole family that whenever we open our mouths words may be given so that we will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel.

From Acts 20:32--Now I commit you to God and to the Word of His Grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.

Photobucket

Now you see why we need so much prayer--smile!

(most of these prayers were taken directly from scripture)
A repost from 2010



© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2015

I love hearing from you. Email address can be accessed at top left of this page.