Saturday, February 20, 2016

A Powerful Collision


When we consider what happened on the cross after 4000 years, it's no wonder that the veil was RIPPED from top to bottom, the earth shook, rocks split, and some tombs of holy men and women of God emptied forth their dead and these people went walking about.

For in the words of Dutch Sheets in Intercessory Prayer, this is where


 "Mercy met judgment

Righteousness met sin

Light met darkness

Humility met pride

Love met hate

Life met death

A Cursed One on a tree met the curse that originated from a tree

The sting of death met the antidote of resurrection."

 and these meetings were head-on meetings--no mealy little clash of one against the other.


Sheets refers to the scripture in Proverbs


It is better to meet a she bear robbed of her cubs 
than a fool in his folly.


The Hebrew word paga is used here for the word "meet."  It is the same Hebrew word that is used many times for the word "intercession."

When we intercede for others or things, there is a meeting--a heavenly clash if you will such as a mother bear and the one who comes between her and her cubs.

Try to imagine just for a moment what that "meeting" would be like.

We've all read stories of hikers in Yosemite or Yellowstone who got in the way of just such a mother--I won't go into details but the outcomes usually are very grim--life changing for sure if not life taking.  The "meeting" produced an outcome.

As Sheets says, "When Jesus cried, 'It is finished,' don't think for one minute that he was talking about death when he spoke that word. The Greek word tetelestai, interpreted 'It is finished' was stamped on invoices in that day meaning 'Paid in Full!.'  Jesus was shouting 'The debt is paid in full.'"

Jesus has paid the price.  All that's needed to be done has been done for us to be more than conquerors.

Now it is up to us to pray the prayers that let these victories be loosed.

We are God's hands and feet.  He wants to use us.

Pay very close attention to this scripture--it seems as though I usually dwell on verse 17 the most but look at what it says in verse 18--



2 Corinthians 5:17,18 
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:



God reconciled himself to us through Jesus

He has given US the ministry of reconciliation

When we intercede for people we pray for a "meeting" between God and this person--this meeting provides the opportunity for them to be reconciled.

Once again, Jesus did all the work--we pray to release His works.

You've heard of prayer meetings--think of the "she bear" again and that meeting--
Prayer meetings were aptly named.

Every time I pray and ask God to "meet" with me,

I will imagine his righteousness meeting my sin head on,

His mercy meeting what judgment I deserve,

His light meeting satan's darkness that tries to overtake me,

His humility meeting my pride,

His love meeting my hate,

His life meeting my certain death without him.

I speak of spiritual death here.


I will never be able to pray "meet with me" again

without expecting a collision of the highest sorts,

A collision that will release the victory 

that has already been won for us.


I know sometimes God's answers come right away

and sometimes they take years.

I don't care how long it takes,

I will pray and not give up for the certain victories

that I know have already been appropriated in heaven.

I will not give up on any situation in my family.

I will not give up on the salvation or victorious living of any one 

of the precious ones for whom I pray.

I will pray.

I will intercede.

And there will be a meeting.




Love and faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other.
Psalm 85:10



Thank you Lord for sealing the greatest meeting of all with a kiss.

Through Jesus Christ's sacrifice for our righteousness, we have peace with Him.

Now His righteousness and my peace can kiss--

And it is so sweet--

This sealing of our meeting with a kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2016

A repost from past pages





I love hearing from you. Email address can be accessed at top left of this page.