Tuesday, April 5, 2016

What I'm Meditating On Today--


This is the scripture I am meditating on today and it is all about TRUST!

A little side note--

Before Easter I was searching for the perfect Lenten readings to lead me to a meaningful celebration of Easter.

I found some really good ones and shared some of them.

HOWEVER, I didn't find the perfect fit for me until AFTER Easter--

In her book, 40 Days of Decrease, Alicia Britt Chole, leads us so wisely--ON FASTING--she has some wonderful suggestions--

From Day 2--"When fresh beginnings are stalked by the memories of stale endings, a sickly substance can steal our strength: regret. Regret empties anticipation, flattens dreams, and suffocates hope, because regret is a form of self-punishment.. . . . . So for one day (or go for forty), I invite you to fast regret. Do not feed it. Do not give it space. Let it go: God's mercies are 'new every morning' Lam 3:23. And meditate on Jesus' glorious promise from Rev 21:5: 'I am making all things new.'"

Have a glorious Tuesday!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2016