Saturday, August 12, 2000

"into each day" canvas






My neighbor, Cynthia, commissioned me to do this piece. She got the idea from a Pottery Barn catalog. We changed the wording a little and added a whimsical hand, (this particular one was designed by Lisa Englebrecht, I believe) and went from there. One really cool thing about it is the red edging I did around the outside edges. It goes great with the red chest she bought to go under it. I really did not want to do this piece at first, and I really don't know why but I am so glad I did. I learned so much. And I learned that what looked so easy actually took a lot more time thanI expected. All in all, it was an awesome experience and I learned so much. Thank you, Cynthia, for asking me to do this piece. It really has opened up some new doors for me.