Lisa Englebrecht Workshop











This past weekend, Travis, Sandy and I went to the Tulsa Calligraphy Guild's retreat at Western Hills Lodge outside of Wagoner, OK for Lisa Engelbrecht's workshop. We had an incredible time and learned so much. I will post a few of Lisa's pieces and post what I did.


The rest of the group made alphabet books--they were abc books of intentions about their desires and aspirations as an artist. I chose to do some small wall hangings instead. I don't work "small" very well since I am used to working on 3' by 4' canvases. I don't feel that my lettering is my best. I usually don't do my best lettering in a group but I feel my work reflects a lot of the techniques and composition I learned.








This is one of my favorites of Lisa's.





another one of Lisa's . . . . ........................



And this is my humble attempt at mixed media. The scripture says, "Whom have I in heaven but you and earth has nothing I desire besides you. My heart and my flesh may fail, but the Lord is my strength and my portion forever." It is from the Psalms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

T.J. Maxx, Shopping Carts & Total Embarrassment