Saturday, August 12, 2000

Lisa Englebrecht Workshop











This past weekend, Travis, Sandy and I went to the Tulsa Calligraphy Guild's retreat at Western Hills Lodge outside of Wagoner, OK for Lisa Engelbrecht's workshop. We had an incredible time and learned so much. I will post a few of Lisa's pieces and post what I did.


The rest of the group made alphabet books--they were abc books of intentions about their desires and aspirations as an artist. I chose to do some small wall hangings instead. I don't work "small" very well since I am used to working on 3' by 4' canvases. I don't feel that my lettering is my best. I usually don't do my best lettering in a group but I feel my work reflects a lot of the techniques and composition I learned.








This is one of my favorites of Lisa's.





another one of Lisa's . . . . ........................



And this is my humble attempt at mixed media. The scripture says, "Whom have I in heaven but you and earth has nothing I desire besides you. My heart and my flesh may fail, but the Lord is my strength and my portion forever." It is from the Psalms.