Bidding Farewell

Because Matt was a bachelor, L.D. was his life. I thought my heart would break when I saw him for the first time last Friday, the day after Matt passed. But when he walked in the funeral home today all dressed up in his Razorback gear ready to bid his master farewell, what was left of my shattered heart broke in to a million more pieces.

 I will smile again, dear friends. I will write something that will hopefully lift all of us up in the near future. But this has been the hardest loss of my life, harder than losing my parents. I guess because his mom is my baby sister and I always cared for her like she was my child, watching her suffer has almost been unbearable. And I was very close to Matt and he was just a downright lovable guy.

 We still do not know the cause of death which is very hard. We suspect it was heat related. He was in good health and had been out weed-eating for several hours (doing a friend a favor--no charge--please pray for this friend--his name is Josh and I assured him that the family in no way held him responsible). And Josh knows that but it is still hard knowing that Matt had been working in his yard just shortly before he died. Please pray for my sister, Mary Jane. She has some big decisions ahead of her and needs Godly wisdom.

I understand more than ever the scripture that refers to "rejoicing with those who rejoice and mourning with those who mourn."

Sandy, even though my heart has been so heavy for our family, I have been rejoicing with your family over Seth and Stacy's wedding.  I have not forgotten you dear friend.

I love all of you so much.  Love long and hard this week.

Comments

~ linda said…
Prayers lifted high, sweet Dianne.
loving you, ~ linda
Kelly Howard said…
My heart breaks for you, your sister and family. I know the pain of loss well and will keep you all lifted up in prayers. Let Him carry you through this time, and stay sheltered under His wing. May God wrap His loving arms around each one of you.
Adoption Mama said…
Diane, I feel your pain. Cry, cry and cry some more. This is all good and needed. My prayer is that Christ will be glorified and others will come to know Matt's Heavenly Friend.
Mary B said…
Dear dear friend,

As the tears are streaming down my face, I am praying for all of your requests.

Mary
Debbie said…
I tried to get your blog to open yesterday and kept getting locked out for some reason. I have gone back this morning to read the wonderful obituary. I absolutely loved how you asked folks to wear his favorite team colors or logos.

Then, to see this heart breaking post about his dog, my heart hurts for you.

Though I have been too busy for blogging this week, I am not too busy for the praying!

I will specifically pray as you request for your sister.
Joan said…
Dianne - I'm posting this with tears in my eyes. My heart breaks for L.D. and especially for all your family. Please know that you are in my prayers and I will certainly pray for Josh.

I know you all are grieving right now, but be comforted in the words of 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

Joan
Sandy said…
Dianne, you don't have to be concerned that
Kim and I know you are with us, and yes,
even rejoicing. But know this, we are
mourning with you and yours and just
wishing we could somehow end your deep
grieving. Only precious Holy Spirit can
do that and He will in days to come.
We love you, too,
Sandy & Kim
Anita Johnson said…
I am still having problems commenting, Dianne, but my prayers for you and your family are being heard by our God. This picture broke my heart, but the journal entry...well, words can't describe. I thought of the words to this song this morning as I prayed for you...

Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for fear.
He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,
Gives unto each day what He deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Source: http://www.hymnal.net

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

T.J. Maxx, Shopping Carts & Total Embarrassment