Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bidding Farewell

Because Matt was a bachelor, L.D. was his life. I thought my heart would break when I saw him for the first time last Friday, the day after Matt passed. But when he walked in the funeral home today all dressed up in his Razorback gear ready to bid his master farewell, what was left of my shattered heart broke in to a million more pieces.

 I will smile again, dear friends. I will write something that will hopefully lift all of us up in the near future. But this has been the hardest loss of my life, harder than losing my parents. I guess because his mom is my baby sister and I always cared for her like she was my child, watching her suffer has almost been unbearable. And I was very close to Matt and he was just a downright lovable guy.

 We still do not know the cause of death which is very hard. We suspect it was heat related. He was in good health and had been out weed-eating for several hours (doing a friend a favor--no charge--please pray for this friend--his name is Josh and I assured him that the family in no way held him responsible). And Josh knows that but it is still hard knowing that Matt had been working in his yard just shortly before he died. Please pray for my sister, Mary Jane. She has some big decisions ahead of her and needs Godly wisdom.

I understand more than ever the scripture that refers to "rejoicing with those who rejoice and mourning with those who mourn."

Sandy, even though my heart has been so heavy for our family, I have been rejoicing with your family over Seth and Stacy's wedding.  I have not forgotten you dear friend.

I love all of you so much.  Love long and hard this week.