Thursday, August 25, 2011

Rare and Beautiful Treasures

What action will I take today that ensures my home is filled with rare and beautiful treasures?

By wisdom a house is built, 
 and through understanding it is established; 
through knowledge its rooms 
are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.  Psalm 24:3,4



A photo my granddaughter took this summer after we had been out taking pictures of sunflowers reminded me of a beautiful painting.

She did take action to position the elements in the photograph in the right way making sure her composition and lighting were good.

Lord, teach me about Your wisdom, teach me Your understanding and Your knowledge so that our home may be filled with treasures that no one can take away, no thief can remove, no rust can destroy.

    “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, 
where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, 
where moth and rust do not destroy,
 and where thieves do not break in and steal.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." 
Matthew 6:19-21