Monday, December 15, 2014

Bible Journaling


I got the idea for the above page from a Christmas card that we received.  I used pan watercolors and Precious Metals gold leafing.

The next two pictures are of the same page taken in low light and high light and at different times of the day.  The metallic paint makes it vary in color with the different light.  The scripture I used was a paraphrase from Psalm 73:25, 26, my very favorite passage of scripture because yes, at some point, my heart and my flesh will fail for sure but He is my strength and my portion forever.






I have just joined the Journaling Bible Community on Facebook and wanted to share a couple of pages that I have done artwork on in my Bible.

 I read and study the Bible on my computer (where I can easily adjust the size of type and get to study materials easily and quickly) so covering a whole page or some of the type is not a problem for me.

 This may or may not be something that you would be interested in but just thought I would throw it out there.

 I did purchase a single-column journaling Bible for this pursuit.

 Meditating on passages as I think and read through them (for the purpose of laying down a meaningful layout) makes me concentrate more deeply about God's Word.

It is one of my ways of meditating. I have done this in journals before but never in my Bible.

I'm excited about exploring God's Word more as I  do this.


Merry Christmas everybody!



© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2014