I Wore A Garland Yesterday


Yesterday was my birthday and it was such a gift. I had the best day I've had in many weeks--physically, emotionally, spiritually and every other way.

I know as Christians that we are supposed to walk by faith and not by sight but it seems I had not been walking in my faith as I should have.  The rigors of all the aspects of rehab plus the pain had begun to take a toll PLUS I went long weeks without sleeping and sleep deprivation is a killer.

However, yesterday could not have been more beautiful.  I wore a garland--a garland of love, best wishes, cards, texts (especially from grandchildren), phone calls, Facebook greetings and I shared it with my aunt, my daughter-in-law, my sister, my sister-in-law,  a first cousin, my niece and her two beautiful children (Lilly and Dax) and two out of three of my sons--I talked by phone with the other one and his precious family.


Here is one of the flowers I wore yesterday--my beautiful great niece, Lilly Jane!




I am loaded down with garlands--my sister-in-law brought these gorgeous sunflowers!








God sure knew what would lift my spirits and my heart on my birthday.

I painted the watercolor girl last week and had named it then--The Last Garland of Summer.

But yesterday I felt just like this girl looks--like I couldn't have carried any more blessings--I was so so loaded down with beautiful gifts from God--this girl will be one of those that I can't part with--simply because she will always bring back so many memories.

Thank you to all of my online friends for your birthday wishes and prayers.  I am on my way out of this slump and with God I can scale a wall!




© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2015


I love hearing from you. Email address can be accessed at top left of this page.

Comments

Sandy said…
This is just such a beautiful post, Dianne. From your love filled words, to the painting, flowers, and seeing this photo of your beautiful face with such a gorgeous little girl. Lilly Jane, a lovely name to match that little face! I am so glad Larry made sure you had such a good birthday by his tender care. You are so special and so loved.
Barb Pinion said…
Dearest Dianne, I am so sorry I have not been in contact with you more. Life happens, and in my case it was a bit much for awhile. I have missed reading your blog and hope to be able to get back to it more often. Do take care of yourself. So happy you are feeling better. I'd not part with this particular painting either. Like I said on Facebook I think it one of your very best. Take care. Love you much.
elizabeth said…
Belated happy birthday to you, my friend! I am so glad you had a wonderful day. I LOVE your garland lady so much!!!
Anita Johnson said…
Happy birthday my friend! And what a beautiful and celebratory post. I to understand what pain can do for one's spirit. I am so glad you feel like that young girl with that garland of beautiful flowers. You are such an encouragement to me. I hope you have a joyous year ahead! XO
Love these four ladies with all my heart--can hardly believe how God scripted these friendships!

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

Oh the Glory of Your Presence

Tulips, Followers, Ice etc.