Monday, April 4, 2016

Praying for the Generations


Hello precious friends. It is a beautiful Monday here and I hope it's beautiful wherever you are.

Here on the blog on Mondays we devote ourselves to praying for those who come after us.  What a wonderful privilege it is to pray for them.

I encourage you to pray your own prayer but if you would like, I have provided one for you--

Prayer for April 4, 2016

I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips
I will glory in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.


The LORD is close to the brokenhearted 
   and saves those who are crushed in spirit.  verses taken from Ps. 34 NIV

Good morning, Lord.  

Here I am again asking, seeking, knocking for my children, my grandchildren, my seed, for others on my prayer list. 

Lord, you see those I am praying for who are brokenhearted and crushed in spirit.  

Only You can soothe the hurt, the heartache, the gut-wrenching pain that racks our minds and souls at times.  

Oh, Father, I pray that You would do this for those I am burdened for today.  

You know their names before a word is even on my lips. 

Through the pain of this experience, I pray that they will learn to trust and extol You more than ever, Father.  

Let Your praise be continually on their lips. 

Help us to know how to glory in our present circumstances even though they bring us sadness and tears at times.  

We know that all things (Romans 8:28) are working for our good when we love You and are called to Your purpose. 

Our highest calling in life, O God, is to fulfill Your purpose for our lives. 

I don't want me or my seed to have lived in vain.  

So I would humbly ask that You show us our purposes for living and help us to live out that high calling even if it looks menial to the world. 

Father, I believe from the study of Your Word, that our very highest calling is that of praising and magnifying, honoring and bringing Glory to Your Name.  

I ask that You will show us how to magnify You in the highest way, to extol You to a position of praise and honor and glory that would make angels yearn to join us. 

I choose the sacrifice of praise today and I extol You, O God.  I extol You with all my heart. 

In the Name of Jesus I pray.  Amen





© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2016


I love hearing from you. Email address can be accessed at top left of this page.