Sunday, January 10, 2021

A Godly Truthful Friend In a World Gone Mad


Lately, I have been thinking a lot about the people who speak into my life. I have been reminded of how awesome it is to have friends who speak truth, the pure unadulterated truth of God's Word to us. 


 If we have even one friend like this, we are blessed. 

 My main friend who does this is God. I read His Word every day and count it as THE stabilizing force in my life. 

 He not only speaks Truth to me. He is Truth. 

 There is no truth apart from Him. 

 Even if you were to say that gravity is truth--there would be no gravity without Him. 

 All the laws of nature continue to operate because of the Truth He spoke into them from the beginning--when He spake and the planets were hurled into space--when He spake and billions and billions of stars were catapulted into the cosmos--all of them called by name! 

 Dead Man Walking?--I say Dead Man Talking!--Another friend who speaks to me every day is Oswald Chambersc long ago deceased. 

His revered devotionals--My Utmost for His Highest--is a book I read every day. 

And every day he speaks truth. 

 Some days are comforting and loving.

Some days are hard and confrontational especially when he refers to "spiritual prigs." 

 And somehow (Holy Spirit) I know when he is referring to me and when I need to repent and turn from my sin. 

 It doesn't help to have friends who commiserate with us in our sin--what we need is to "hear the truth spoken in love." 

 I pray that if you don't have one already that you will pray for a friend like this and that your prayer would be answered swiftly. 

Thanking God for the real live, here and now, Godly friends in my life, who do this for me.  

Thank you, Lord.  I am so grateful!                    

© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2021