My Newest Art Journal

Thought I would share my newest art journal with you and also the first entry that I've been working on in 5 minute increments while we are in the middle of a little remodeling.

It is handmade--not sure about the cover but the paper is handmade in India.
Hobby Lobby has these in the sketch tablet area.  Be sure and print
out a 40% off coupon before you go.  I just "google" Hobby Lobby internet
coupon and it comes right up.  You can use one coupon per day.  I have
a HobLob close to me so it really pays off.



These pages are just beautiful!




Here is a peek at my first entry!





I received a beautiful card by snail mail last week and wanted to preserve it.  I loved this
little part of it and wanted to keep it where I could look at it often.

Part of the card read "You made my day very beautiful" so I

added it larger to emphasize.  I wish I hadn't done it quite so large

but that is one thing keeping this journal is all about--helping me grow in

my art and make wiser decisions.  I am prone to  be very impulsive and

ruined many a nice piece of art work by impulsively adding something or

introducing a new color that just didn't work.  I am trying to learn restraint

which is very hard for me.





Thought you might want to see my messy workstation--


Hope your day was beautiful in every way today.

"A friend's a friend forever when the Lord's the Lord of them--"


© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted

Comments

Sandy said…
You're right. I do love your journal entry...and you made my card your first one. And the line from Michael's song touches my heart.
Love you,
Sandy
xo
elizabeth said…
Your art journaling is amazing. I am impulsive in my creating and was surprised you say you are. I never pictured that, all you do seems so precise and perfect and lovely to me.
Nancy said…
I love your handmade journal you choose; those pages just make me want to touch them.....Your first entry is amazing and what a beautiful way to start your journal....That last shot in the dappled light is awesome.....
I look forward to seeing more pages in this journal.....great job girlfriend....
Susy said…
D ~ I'm fascinated by your amazing art journals. I downloaded one of your pictures, cropped it, and am using it as the wallpaper on my computer. Being a journaler and former gift store owner, I see commercial value in it ~ but more importantly I see God's creative gift in you being expressed. Thank you for sharing this journey. xo
Karen said…
beautiful Dianne, still inspiring me - must find out the technique for placing the cards onto the journal. I enjoy following the pins you are pinning @ Pinterest. Have a great day & fun along the way with the journaling.
Love,
Karen
Nava said…
Dianne--I love your art journal---and I loved seeing your art desk too! You are a brave little person. :) Nava

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

Oh the Glory of Your Presence

Tulips, Followers, Ice etc.