The Psalms

For many years I have read 5 psalms every day no matter what else I was reading or studying.

 I have gotten away from doing this the last few months and when I prayed yesterday it seemed that I was impressed to restart this practice.

 Here is what I have done and it is amazing the way these psalms fit together--at times even using the exact same wording. 

On the 1st of the month I read Psalm 1, 31, 61, 91, 121--

On the 2nd of the month I read Psalm 2, 32, 62, 92, 122--

so all I'm doing is just adding 30 to the chapter number of whatever I am reading--

These psalms help prepare my heart for worship and communion and sometimes I use them to sing or recite back to God as a form of worship.

They also prepare me for what I will share tomorrow which some of you mentioned in the comments from yesterday.

Much love, Dianne

 © all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted

Comments

Nancy said…
"Seeking More" I love your title....just perfect for the ongoing conversation here at your place...We all are seeking more of Jesus and less of ourselves....

I read at least one Psalm every morning if not more....You are so right they do get you in the worship mode....I catch myself going to them for lots of different reasons at different times....They seem to always give me an answer for what I am searching.....

I looking forward to tomorrow to see what you are going to say....

Hugs and blessings,
Nancy
Nancy said…
Well I wrote one comment but it didn't go through.....What I said was I am like you I read at least one Psalm everyday if not more. You are so right about them helping one to get in a worshipful mode.....I go to the Psalms frequently for answers to lots of different issues. They never fail me...
Sandy said…
Yes, the Psalms are wonderful to read and sing as worship back to the Father. I do that all the time. I feel like I have to read at least something from the Psalms daily or I haven't read my Bible! They are great on The Streaming Bible in a dramatized reading. Love it!
xo
Nava said…
I heard once that that reading the Psalms is like pouring a cool drink of water over the mind.

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

Oh the Glory of Your Presence