Faith Droplets



Yesterday I started painting a light watercolor floral of a vase of pretty flowers--today it turned in to the picture above--a loud, busy, acrylic painting--oh well!  And as I painted it I couldn't help but remember a picture I had seen on Pinterest with some visible raindrops.

So I added the pink, blue and yellow raindrops and then I thought how much the colors reminded me of a rainbow and then I thought of Chicken Little and "The sky is falling, the sky is falling" and then I thought--no, the rainbow is falling, the rainblow is falling and then and then and then................

And then I remembered a little phrase I calligraphed twenty years ago that stated, "Faith sees a rainbow in each teardrop."

And then I knew what I wanted to paint on the opposite page--a picture of a girl--and the caption will read,

Her name is Faith and she sees a rainbow in each teardrop--she will have one big tear coming from the inner corner of her left eye and it will reflect a rainbow--

And the moral of the art journaling project--



You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.  Genesis 50:20
 

I'm sure Joseph cried many tears when his brothers threw him in the pit and left him for dead but I am also sure that he looked through his teardrops and knew God would bring a beautiful rainbow--
If Joseph hadn't been thrown into that pit, he and his family would have most likely perished--God knew, God knew--



Are we trusting God today with every aspect of our lives, with every teardrop?

He is trustworthy.

He is faithful.

His rainbows will fall on us if we trust Him.

© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted


Linking with Spiritual Sundays today!


UPDATE:  Okay, dear friends, I humbly ask you to read the comments below-- the observations concerning this post are so insightful and I praise God for all of your comments and wisdom and knowledge.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I know comments are meant to encourage and support but to me the comments here have taken "comments" to another dimension--God taking what He has taught each one of us and putting it all together so that we can learn from one another is so helpful and makes "the tie that binds" ever stronger.  Again, thank you.

Comments

Susy said…
You are a multifaceted bundle of talents D, and they're all beautiful. xo
Debbie said…
"His rainbows will fall on us..." I love that part. I love your falling rainbow art journal page, too.

I love the comparison to Joseph most of all. True indeed that had they not sold him to slavery, he couldn't have been the means through which God saved their lives later.

And even more, we wouldn't have had the story of the Exodus at all. Without the bondage, there would have been no need for deliverance. We would have been left without that critical piece of the redemption puzzle.

It seems that Joseph's rainbow is still falling today, every time someone makes the connection to bondage and deliverance and says, "Now, I get it LORD."

Amen?
Or just a goofy thought?
Dianne said…
Amen and amen--yes, without bondage we would have had no need of deliverance--a vivid picture of what we are like until we meet Jesus face to face--thanks so much, Debbie, for adding this insight. I love it and it is NOT a goofy thought.
Nancy said…
"A rainbow in each tear drop" stopped me dead in my tracks...I love this phrase. You extended my horizons today as I have never thought of a falling rainbow or a rainbow in a tear but it all makes wonderful sense.....As you were talking about Joseph, I also thought about his coat of many colors which reminds me of a rainbow...It seems to me, God took his promise of not destroying the earth again by water in His symbol of the rainbow and put it around Joseph in the form of a coat....saying you will not be destroyed.....Girlfriend, you have my thoughts racing and I could go crazy with ideas about this subject...but I'll stop...

Being creative myself, I can certainly understand how you started with one idea in your painting and ended up with another. That has happened to me so many times. But God knew where He wanted to take you and I love where you ended......

Have a great weekend...
Rosario said…
Beautiful, just like you are Dianne. God has blessed you with many talents. Yes, we are made stronger through trials because, "He himself was tested through what he suffered he is able to help those who are being tested." Hebrews 2:14-18
Sandy said…
This is beautiful, Dianne. Of course I copied the quote in my journal immediately. It's one I surely want to remember. I can already picture Faith, the girl. Hope you'll share her as well. I love what Nancy said about Joseph's coat. Awesome revelation. I'd say this painting was definitely Spirit-inspired to bless and encourage us all today and it really did.
Love,
Sandy
Renee said…
What an absolutely beautiful post...love your paintings and also your insights that go with them...the idea of a rainbow in every teardrop really speaks today especially as our prayer group has been praying for a missionary who was shot in Haiti and died after a hard struggle to survive. There will be rainbows in every teardrop..my prayer for his family and friends....
Evanir said…
Que Deus ilumine o nosso fim de semana e nos proporcione muitas Bênçãos.
Deus quer que cada um seja um canal de benção um para o outro.
È com esse espirito que venho desejar um lindo final de semana
beijos de paz e luz.
Com carinho.
Evanir...
Ruth said…
It was fun to be part of your rainbow story and to see how God supplied a lesson out of that for you. And then you blessed us with it! Thank you.
Dianne said…
I am so excited Evanir to get your wonderful comment. I was able to figure out that it was Portuguese since I had been to Brazil a few years ago.

When I had Evanir's comment changed to English online this is what it said:

I tried to bring in the translation just now and I could not get it to work but I will try again--

Thank you so much. I am humbled.
Dianne said…
May God enlighten our weekends and give us many Blessings. God wants each one is a channel of blessing to one another. IT IS in this spirit that i wish you a lovely weekend kisses of peace and light. With affection.

It worked this time--such a precious message--
Dianne said…
ANOTHER UPDATE:

Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak; let the earth hear the words of my mouth.

May my teaching drop like the rain, my speech condense like the dew; like gentle rain on grass, like showers on new growth.

For I will proclaim the name of the Lord; ascribe greatness to our God!


I received this email from a great blogging friend who had not read this post. I LOVE the phrase

"May my teaching drop like the rain"--

God had even more to add to this--I love it!

The Rock, His work is perfect, and all His ways are just. A faithful God, without deceit, just and upright is He;... (Deuteronomy 32:1-4)
Sarah (Nikki) said…
what a great idea...love the Faith and her rainbow tear and rainbows falling in our trusting Him. Awesome
Charlotte said…
Wow, your post certainly brought a lot of comments. I thought it was beautiful too. Thank you for sharing this beautiful encouraging post.
Thank you for sharing on Spiritual Sundays.
Blessings,
Charlotte
Anita Johnson said…
Dianne, I have always enjoyed reading the comments that people write on your blog specifically...talented folks take your inspiring words and apply them and give us even more insight. I love what is shared here....and I love your artwork too. Have a wonderful week! With thanks!
Mary B said…
What a lovely painting and i love that Faith sees a rainbow in each teardrop!
Nava said…
Amazing! I don't tend to see the rainbows in my tears--at least at the moment tears are falling--I may when I look back over my shoulder--get a glimpse of a rainbow in the misty cloud filled with tears. Thanks--love the way you just let it pour out--like paint out of a bucket. :)

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

Oh the Glory of Your Presence