The Last Smiles of a Late Dying Summer


It's kinda weird since we had such a mild summer this year, but it is hanging on for dear life.

 We have had very few days with a fall crispness in the air--today was 87 degrees and it is 80 right at the moment--almost 7 in the evening.

We still have hydrangeas trying to bloom with the emphasis on "trying."  But up until a couple of weeks ago, I was cutting bouquets like the one above.

I found the pitcher at an antique store/flea market this summer for $10.  I don't know much about pottery but thought it was a good buy and I love the looks of it.

The scarf is a gift from an artsy friend of mine--she had a one-woman batik showing some years ago in Ohio--she is an artist in every sense of the word and was the first person to make me think that I might be able to learn watercolor one day.

She used real fall leaves as the pattern for this scarf--love it and love her.

Hope your week is off to a great start.  Don't forget to count your blessings--I had a Bible teacher many, many years ago who encouraged us to keep a blessing board.  I encourage you to do the same.


Count your blessings--go ahead, name them one by one!


© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2014

Pictures edited in Lightroom
Used Kim Klassen's Print Module Triptech




Comments

Nancy said…
I love the collage you created to show your last summer shots. It's hard to let go but as you mentioned counting our blessings is a step in the right direction to embracing the new things God has in store for us…..
Anita Johnson said…
The deer ate all my hydrangeas again this year...the touch of pink and blue is just beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

Oh the Glory of Your Presence