Saturday, November 15, 2008

CARDBOARD TESTIMONIES!




I have written before about how humbled and happy I am to be able to create calligraphy on canvas that hangs on the walls of peoples' homes.

Almost all, if not all, of my calligraphy is scripture so that makes it a double blessing for me.

And I hope it is a real blessing for those who have it in their homes and read it regularly.

I am not quite finished but am including a picture of my latest canvas. It reads, "For God who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." This passage is from Corinthians.

Recently, a dear friend sent me an email entitled "Cardboard Testimonies." She told how she started sobbing less than halfway through it. I did the same thing. And at the time I checked my email, I was taking a break from working on "this beautiful canvas," and there staring at me were these crude, cardboard signs that evoked such strong emotions. Would my "beautiful canvas" ever make anyone cry like this?

I realized afresh how God can take the most common things and translate them into beauty. Those cardboard posters were more meaningful than anything I saw in the Louvre in Paris. I am including the YouTube video of these testimonies in this blog. Please take a few minutes and stand amazed at what the power of God can do when we embrace Him.