Sunday, May 12, 2013

Rejoice Again and Again


God has given me so many blessings and I love to stop and thank Him. I'm sharing just a few of them with you today and hoping that you are counting also.




My sorority sister, Ann Smith Ivey and I at a Pi Beta Phi Founder's Day luncheon honoring golden arrows--those of us who were initiated 50 years ago.  I can hardly believe it.

But you can see the date on the magazine below.  This is Ann and me on the cover of our national magazine.


That is a College Algebra book and I didn't take that course so I must have just grabbed a book from someone so as to look studious--G_U_I_L_T_Y--If I had my college education to do over, I seriously would make some better choices--mainly go to class--instead of staying in the Union playing Bridge.  And I don't even like Bridge.  Should I capitalize bridge, Bridge?  I only missed a lot for one class--that I can remember anyway.



Me, Mary McLaughlin Murphy and Ann--These two were "Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities" and would have died before missing a class.


This was the beautiful view I had from the table looking towards downtown Little Rock.  To the right of the tree and one black pole, you can barely see the dome of the state capitol building of Arkansas, modeled after our national capitol.  It is so beautiful.

After all these years I still have to look up when to use 'capitol' and when to use 'capital.'



Some beautiful weather to work in the yard with my handsome husband--love this guy!




America's Favorite Pastime
A baseball game at the University of Central Arkansas with about 25 of the Renewal Ranch guys--tail gate party before hand--great food, fun and fellowship.  And we won--!!!



Celebrating Mother's Day last night with several of my family members.  Pardon my red nose--I had sat out in the sun all day visiting at the Ranch and got sunburned.


My daughter-in-law, Traci, and her handsome husband, Michael--(my middle son)


My oldest son, Jeff and I--



Traci and three of my granddaughters--Katelyn, Caroline and Kennedy



Remember these?
Eating and visiting with seven other artists at a Goodwill Luncheon at the Clinton Presidential Center where our "Turning Jeans Into Dreams" jeans were modeled and auctioned.  I forgot to take pictures of the back of mine but they went for $100.  A little help for a great organization.


And remembering (to me) the best and most beautiful mother who ever walked the face of the earth--thank you Lord for the sweetness, the humility, the love for You that she modeled to her children.

Yes, we have celebrated an awesome last few weeks but our lives are not without troubles and problems. However, God is the provider of all our needs no matter what they are and 
I choose to rejoice.  How about you?






Paul says to the church at Philippi 

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  
Philippians 4:4-7

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19 




© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted