Friday, May 16, 2014

My Peonies Are Blooming



Peonies may be my very favorite flower. Ours are blooming right now.

We've had some really cold weather lately (very cold for the middle of May) and I caught this one on its way out.  It's still beautiful to me though.

I am in my third week of physical therapy and am doing somewhat better.  The range of motion in my back is exponentially better and I am thrilled about that.  Still lots of pain at times but not the debilitating type of a few weeks ago.

My daughter in law, Traci, continues to amaze me with her strength and courage.  She could not have her chemo last week because of low white cell blood count and low platelet count.  She has shaved her head and got some cute little head scarves, hats, and wraps.  She looks beautiful with or without them.

God continues to amaze me with His great love and care for our family.

We are doing a little bit of redecorating in our home.  It started out very simple.

I talked to my husband about getting a decorator friend of ours to help me hang some pictures and maybe rearrange some furniture.  Well, I won't give all the secrets away as I will be posting what we have done and are going to do in the next few weeks but let it suffice to say, I got a church pew today!

I have always wanted a church pew and I think this one is going to be so functional.

Can't wait to get things in good enough shape that I can share them with you.  Oh, there is some purple paint also--

But some things I don't have 'before' pictures for so you will just have to use your imagination.

Hope you have a wonderful, glorious weekend.

Love,
Dianne