Wednesday, June 10, 2015

You Say Tomato, I say Tomahtoe





Oh my, every one of these little blossoms might as well be pure gold--


I'm so excited-Today I counted 10 tomatoes well on their way to maturity on our five little container pot plants.  



Psalm 40 is a great chapter to meditate on and I am especially paying attention to a portion of verse four.

I know God is pleased when we trust Him.  Many books have been written and many sermons preached about what it means to trust God .  I won't try to tackle that right here, right now.

But I do believe that when we choose to trust Him for the little things that it gives our faith and trust a chance to grow to trust Him for the bigger issues of life.

Home grown tomatoes RIPE off the vine are my very favorite food.  I was born in September and my mom said she ate them non-stop all summer long--maybe that is the reason I love them so.

Today I am choosing to trust God to bring my tomatoes to full maturity.  It may seem like a little thing but to this home grown tomato lover Arkansas girl, it is huge!

You know I'm kidding, right?
Choosing to trust God comes easier and more natural as we daily discipline ourselves to hear, read and study God's Word--The Psalmist in Psalm 119 says he delights in God's Word--I pray that I, too, will, see it as a great privilege and high honor to read and study God's Word and not look at it as a drudgery.
Psalm 119:97

© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2015