Good Morning!






G
ood morning dear friends, Just wanted to check in with you. I went to the doctor yesterday and got a really good report. I had been in Tulsa for a few days with my son and daughter-in-law and two of my granddaughters until yesterday morning.
Off and on for two months (mostly on) I had seemed to have a spirit of despair, hopelessness and depression.  The death of my nephew, Matt and my knee replacement surgery seemingly the triggers for the symptoms--
My daughter-in-law and granddaughters prayed over me on Wednesday and it seemed from that moment on, I started getting better--not only my mental outlook but my physical symptoms as well. 
  I have had many problems in my lifetime but for the most part I am a very happy, upbeat person. Going through the last two months and all that they have held for me have given me a new understanding for people who face life on a regular basis like this. And I understand so much more than ever Paul's words from Roman's--

I don't really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do what I hate.  Romans 7:15
I do feel the need to reassess a lot of things in my life--number one that concerns you I guess is whether I am supposed to continue with my blog--if I do, I have no inclination of what direction it will take--I am at a loss at the moment as to know what to do with it. 
The one thing I do know is this--God is faithful and He has not let me down.  He was always there--in the middle of the many nights of tossing and turning in extreme pain and seemingly slipping further and further in to that black hole of despair, He was there. 
One of the things that led me through this dark valley was Michael W. Smith's very first Christmas album.  If you have never heard it, I hope you will give it a try.  It is the most beautiful, uplifting, worshipful collection of God-honoring music I have ever heard.  It played continuously--every night for many nights all night long--on my I-Pod. 
My favorite song from the album is All is Well.  When the DIL mentioned above married my son, it played as I walked down the aisle to place our family's candle by the Unity candle.
For those of you who have faithfully held me in your thoughts and prayers, I am eternally grateful.  I hope to make it back to your blogs on a regular basis to keep in touch and grow our friendship ever stronger.
Love,
Dianne 
p.s. and yes I know my blog header still says "September" and you will know I am really on my way to recovery when I get that rectified.  smile




Comments

Adoption Mama said…
Dianne, My heart aches for you and yet, I know you will make it through. There is a book out there called The Cup and the Glory by Gregg Harris. This helped my husband tremendously when he went through an extremely depressing time after Hoss left the first time. We know God wants us to grow and so many times, it is through these valleys. The Light remains with you though darkness seems to prevail. I love you.
Dianne said…
Dear Adoption Mama,
You have been one of the main people who I have known would stick by me through thick and thin--who wouldn't become critical or judgmental toward me sharing my heart during these trying times.

And you will never know how much I appreciate you and your encouraging comments.

Right before I opened my email and saw your response, I thought, "I really should ask my readers for suggestions on encouraging reading material." I opened my mail and there you were giving me an idea for a good book to help me through this time. Isn't that just like God to answer even before we ask.

I will see if I can locate the book.

I love you too and my heart is always with Hoss.
Sandy said…
Dear Dianne,
I was picking out another card today for you.
I will have it in tomorrow's mail. I am glad
to see you are back, even if for a day. I am
sorry for all you have been through and yes,
I do understand daily pain, though mine is
only mental due to Shaun's anguish. I have
continued to pray for you and know that you
will get back to that place of peace and joy
that you had before the unwelcome despair
came. You are a great encouragement to all
your readers and I hope and pray the Lord
assures you that you are indeed to continue
this wonderful blog.
I love you,
Sandy
Dianne said…
Dear Sandy,
I was just rereading your other card earlier today. I have been through such a fog there were cards for birthday and get well that I had forgotten I received.

I know I can depend on you dear friend even though we have never met and may never this side of glory. I love you and your family so very much. Give them all my love and keep a little for yourself.

Dianne
Susy said…
Helloooo ~ I haven't stopped to post for a long time, and I understand how other things can get in the way. I think I would miss you if you stopped sharing about your life and walk with God. I don't always get to read it, but when I do it always points in the direction I need. When I asked Him about "why blog ?", the answer was "to help people". I think you do that xoxox
Dianne said…
Hello dear Susy,
I have missed you my friend but totally understand since I haven't been able to get around to hardly any of my friends.

I value your opinion very much (I really mean that) and will certainly take in to consideration what you said.

Much love,
Dianne
Debbie said…
Please know that you have not been out of my prayers for months now. I still lift your entire family as well.

As to the despair, I will just say that I know exactly of what you speak. My prayers will reflect that and the direction you are seeking right now.
Joan said…
Dianne:

I'm thankful you got a good report from the doctor. I will continue to keep you in my prayers...you've had so much on your plate this year.

Trusting that God will give you guidance.

Blessings,
Joan
Dianne said…
Dear Debbie,
I know that if anyone is praying for me, it is you. I appreciate your prayers so very much.

And I pray that you are not still in the midst of despair, but if you are I know that you know God is our only hope.

I love you sweet friend,
Dianne
Dianne said…
Dear Joan,

You are another of those "oh so valuable online friends and prayer warriors"--a faithful friend. What a comfort your words are to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Much love,
Dianne
Mary B said…
Dear Dianne,

You continue being in my thoughts and prayers. I was so glad to see that you had posted something on your blog. The hand of God will lead you out of your despair (as he is doing) and I am confident you will know what you are supposed to do.

I love you,
Mary
Dianne said…
Hey dear friend,

I have depended on your prayers so much for this season of my life. Sure have missed getting to visit all of my friends regularly.

Have you done the conference we talked about yet? Remember when I agonized so much about whether to sign up for it or not and could just not get the "all clear" signal? God knew all the time what was going to be happening at this point in time and I would have hated so much to bale out on you at the last minute.

Thanks for your faithfulness to me.

I love you,
D.
elizabeth said…
Hello dear friend,
The dark tunnel will end and God will have shown you some hidden treasure during this time, I just know it. You have much to share here and I hope you will stay around. Much love to you.
Stacey Dawn said…
Hi there... so sorry for your pain and suffering. I've missed so much being away from blogging - for some of the same reasons you stated. I will pray for you, too! Hugs and love...

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

Oh the Glory of Your Presence