Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sunflower Bounty


I painted a picture yesterday--the first one I have painted in a long, long time.



It felt good--really, really good emotionally.
It hurt physically but it was so worth it and helped me get my mind
off a foreign object--

 

A new knee--a steel and plastic gliding thingie that is an engineering marvel--

 

These are close ups of my picture--only portions of the whole thing--
But I like them and think I will paint some huge canvases just like the
ones above--

 

And here is the whole canvas--it makes me happy, makes me smile
to look at it.  For years to come or as long as God gives me on this earth,
when I look at this painting, it will take me back to a time of extreme growth and
stretching--

 

I will be able to look back and realize how God brought all the desolate parts of my
soul back together after some tragic losses and hard changes--

 
God's blessings and bounty are just overwhelming, aren't they? I pray that you and I will have eyes to see and spirits to receive today all that He has planned for us.  To me the sunflower is one of His most exquisite engineering marvels.

"You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance."  Psalm 65:11