My Second Mom

Just wanted my close online friends to know that I lost my second mom night before last--my best friend's mom--I spent many, many weekends at their home during my growing up years.

 She will be missed so much.

 We really expected her to live for many more years--she had been in overall really good health.

 What is so ironic is this: This past summer my granddaughter's summer job did not work out and I called my best friend to see if they might need any more caregivers for Ms. Margaret. They did and my granddaughter got to spend a summer getting to know the woman who had touched and influenced my life so deeply through the years. Isn't that just like God??

Please pray for the Ballard family and for me that God will give me physical strength (knee) to make it through this difficult time.

Comments

reba said…
I'm so sorry to hear about your 2nd mom. I have had 2nd mom's in my live too. I will talk to the Man up-stairs for you and her family. Lean on Him for your strength...He will never leave you. Blessings.
reba said…
I will talk to the Man up-stairs for you and her family. You have lots of special memories I'm sure. Blessings.
Sandy said…
I am so sorry to hear this, Dianne. When loved
ones leave this temporary life we have to make
ourselves dwell on the fact that they are in
the very presence of God in a place where there
is no sickness, pain, despair, fear, only pure
love and peace. I pray for your friend, you,
and all the others who have loved this dear
lady. May the Lord bless and comfort all of
you with His loving peace.
Love you,
Sandy
elizabeth said…
Sending you love and hugs. I pray for God to strengthen and heal you in body, soul and spirit.
Debbie said…
Oh Dianne, I will! I'm so sorry. I know that you are getting hit on all sides lately.
Mary B said…
Dear friend, you are in my prayers. I am praying for physical strength but also for his grace and mercy to surround you. You have had a lot to deal with in recent weeks/months.

Mary
Karen said…
Dianne, praying for comfort and physical strength for you.
~ linda said…
Oh yes, Dianne, I hold you in prayer as the Lord draws you into His breast.
Such a blessing for your granddaughter and now for the two of you to be able to share this woman between you. God graced both of you through that gift.
Caring through Christ, ~ linda
Anita Johnson said…
I'm so sorry to hear this Dianne, but was touched about the story about your granddaughter. I'm so glad she was able to get to know someone so important to you. I will keep you and your special friends in my prayers. It is the night before our son gets married...too excited to sleep!
Adoption Mama said…
What a life changing opportunity for your granddaughter. Praying for peace and comfort.
Joan said…
Diane:

I am so sorry for your loss - you have been through much in the past few months.

Lifting you up in prayer.
Sheila said…
I'm sorry about your loss. I love you!

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

Oh the Glory of Your Presence

Tulips, Followers, Ice etc.