Sunflower Bounty


I painted a picture yesterday--the first one I have painted in a long, long time.



It felt good--really, really good emotionally.
It hurt physically but it was so worth it and helped me get my mind
off a foreign object--

 

A new knee--a steel and plastic gliding thingie that is an engineering marvel--

 

These are close ups of my picture--only portions of the whole thing--
But I like them and think I will paint some huge canvases just like the
ones above--

 

And here is the whole canvas--it makes me happy, makes me smile
to look at it.  For years to come or as long as God gives me on this earth,
when I look at this painting, it will take me back to a time of extreme growth and
stretching--

 

I will be able to look back and realize how God brought all the desolate parts of my
soul back together after some tragic losses and hard changes--

 
God's blessings and bounty are just overwhelming, aren't they? I pray that you and I will have eyes to see and spirits to receive today all that He has planned for us.  To me the sunflower is one of His most exquisite engineering marvels.

"You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance."  Psalm 65:11


Comments

Sandy said…
This is so beautiful, Dianne. You know I love
His beautiful sunflowers too. And it makes me
happy to look at it because you felt good enough
to paint it even through great pain.
Love you,
Sandy
elizabeth said…
I absolutely love this! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!
Adoption Mama said…
Great therapy. Keep looking up...just like the sunflower.
Anita Johnson said…
A picture says a 1.000 words. Glad your days are getting brighter! (((((HUGS))))
Mary B said…
Dianne, you paint as beautifully as you write and take pictures. This A.B.S.O.L.U.T.E.L.Y. lovely!!! I am sorry for your pain (all of it) but I am glad you are stretching yourself and seeing some sunshine.
Debbie said…
I want to say that it bursts forth with beauty, but in my head that sounds like I'm trying to be too poetic. But, really, it bursts forth.

I loved how you called sunflowers engineering marvels. What a wonderful way to phrase it. Praise Him... we are his MOST exquisite engineering marvel of all. Considering the beauty of a sunflower, just imagine what that says about us.
mom2six said…
This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

Oh the Glory of Your Presence

Tulips, Followers, Ice etc.