Waiting For Something New!


For I am about to do something new.  See, I have already begun!  Do you not see it?  I will make a pathway through the wilderness.  I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.

Isaiah 43:19




AAndrew Murray said, "...............too little time is given to waiting on God. 
 Is he not willing to put things right in His own divine way?   
Has the life of God's people reached the limit of what God is willing to do 
for them? 
Surely not. 
We want to wait on Him: to put away our experiences, however blessed they have been; (bolding mine)
our conceptions of truth, however sound and scriptural we think they seem;   
our plans, however needful and suitable they appear;   
and give God time and place to show us what He can do, what He will do. 
God has new developments and resources. 
He can do new things, unheard-of-things, hidden things. 
Let us enlarge our hearts and not limit Him."





As much as God has done for me in the past and as great as his blessings have been, I am guilty of holding on to those past blessings.

Today I want to let go and expect something new--

Pathways in the wilderness?

What wilderness do you need a pathway cut through today?

Rivers in dry wasteland??

I can hardly wait to see what NEW things God has in store for you and me today.


Sweet blessing to you my friend,
Dianne
2012--the year of less--I have several bags to take to Goodwill and am trying to find something each day to give away--really trying to simplify!  The remodeling sure helped me locate and pinpoint all the stuff I do not need that someone else might.



© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted

Comments

Adoption Mama said…
Great post, friend. Yes, God is moving in amazing ways, even when we doubt or don't see it. Thanks for this encouragement this morning. I needed it. Tough phone call with Hoss yesterday. Giving him to God again.
Susy said…
That scripture spoke to me this morning. Thanks for the timely share. I've learned from experience that a wilderness experience is a time for transitioning out if the old, into the new. I'm ready for the new! Blessings to you xo
Dianne said…
I'm so sorry dear Sarah--but know God is still in the business of clearing those obstacles in the wilderness. Praying for you and yours today. A special prayer for Hoss--you know he is so dear to my heart--
Dianne said…
Susy, I really had you on my heart this morning--I miss you when we go too long without interacting--I haven't been nearly as faithful to my friends lately as I have in the past but plan on making it over to your place later today. I receive your blessings!
Mary B said…
He is so good, isn't he? The pathway he provides is always perfect. Thanks for sharing these thoughts, Dianne.

Can you send me the link to the Mildred Cooper Chapel post? I looked, but couldn't find it.
Nancy said…
I am ready...I want to see God move in amazing ways in my life and in the lives of all His children....We serve a mighty God and I think more often than not we limit His power in our lives.....Lord God, come and fill us to overflowing.....

I too am trying to simplify....I am tired of all the stuff and just want to have around me the things I love and hold special meaning to me...
I think your idea of giving something away everyday is a great one. I think I will try that....

Bless you my friend...You are very special.....
Debbie said…
I am in the midst of trying to simplify too! We are moving into an 860 square foot condo. So there's not much room for so much of my stuff. That's what I've come to call it now. It somehow makes it easier to get rid of. But it's hard letting go.

Your blog is looking beautiful. And I love your words as you always encourage others.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

Oh the Glory of Your Presence

Tulips, Followers, Ice etc.