Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Be the Seed



WWow! When I read that today, it hit me full in the face. We talk of planting seeds concerning farming and gardening. 
When we have a need, we plant a seed out of our need into a certain ministry or church to bring about growth in certain areas of our lives. 
But to be the seed--that is a whole 'nother ballgame.
"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. 
Jesus used this parable to teach the disciples why He would go to the cross, give up His life, and trust God for the outcome. He truly is the great seed.  
However, I would like for us to consider, to ponder being the seed.
We know the Bible teaches that to be first, we must be last, to be the master of all, we must become the servant of all--all of these seemingly upside down, inside out teachings of Jesus threw the Pharisees into a tailspin.
In our own lives are we willing to die daily to those things which would hinder us in our Christian walk--dwelling on being mistreated, bitterness, grudges, being misunderstood when we are trying to do our best to help someone, greed, _____________ and you and I can fill in the blank or blanks. 
Am I willing to be the seed that falls to the ground, is covered and dies so that it can bring a harvest of plenty?
Jesus was willing.  Thank God He was willing. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the art lovers or artists wannabees out there, I am hoping that you will watch the video below.   
There are lots of good instructional videos out there but I just really, really enjoyed watching this one.   
Seeing the artist make something beautiful from mistakes she made reminded me of just how much God can do with this one human soul, if only I choose to die to self. 
You will also see where I got the idea for today's post.  Hope you enjoy! 
So sorry!  The video keeps "popping out"--not showing up, although it shows up in the editing mode--I will just provide this line to it-- 
Here is the link:   This is actually a link to my Pinterest page of art journals videos and the video I referred to is the very first one.  






 and one other thing--



This is the new header I designed for Nancy.  I would love for you to hop over to her place and read about her retreats dedicated to knowing God better and enjoying His presence in the beautiful scenic mountains of North Carolina.  I am hoping that I get to go there and visit some day.

Here is the link to Footprints to the Potter's House.

© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted