Just A Little Babble



babble-to utter meaningless or unintelligible sounds

While reading the Bible today, I came to the part about the tower of Babel and how God came down and confused their speech--

How interesting--I tried to find the derivation of the word babble but couldn't get it back to biblical roots--

However, I can't help but think there must be some connection.

I say all of that to say--Have you ever noticed how some bloggers can say so much in such a short amount of words (my friend Nava amazes me with this talent) and others (like me sometimes) use a lot more words to get their meaning across?
This is not necessarily a bad thing,
and some are so good I want them to be long,
and some are so funny I don't want them to end--

BUT

In this world of busyness, my goal this year is to say more in less words so that when you come here you will find deep meaning or a bit of fun in fewer words.



O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you;    
my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you,    
in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 
                     Psalm 63:1 


I painted the poppies last night.  I didn't like them at all at first but they are growing on me a little bit--the main things is to get a lot of practice under my belt.

Comments

elizabeth said…
How you can not like your beautiful painting is beyond me. It's gorgeous! I LOVE it!
Is that really your signature at the bottom of your post, and if so, how did you do it?
Anita Johnson said…
I liked them at first sight, both springlike in color, but fresh like snow. Beautiful!
Sandy said…
Your art is getting more and more beautiful with each piece, Dianne.
I was reading the exact passage early this morning in my Bible! Seems we are in about the same place in our daily devotions.
Love U!
Susy said…
D ~ you're an amazing artist! I especially appreciate that you work in water colors which are so difficult to control. And girl, you always have wonderful things to say in the perfect way. Don't stop!(**
Gayle said…
Dianne, you are so gifted. Love your work. My mother alwasy says, the less said, the more remembered. Amen!
Nancy said…
Well I love the new look of your blog.....so colorful and so well thought out.....I like your header, your picture everything about it.....
This painting is beautiful; what a talent you have....
Mary B said…
I love your painting...and the others I have seen too! And I so get the few words.

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

Oh the Glory of Your Presence

Tulips, Followers, Ice etc.