Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Little Boasting


"Your boasting is not good.  Don't you know that a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough?" 1 Cor:5:6


Still no internet around here but I am grabbing a minute from my neighbor.

Today when I was photographing some still life, I couldn't help but notice the boastful stance of this cocky little rooster.

It reminded me that I should let no form of boastfulness or pride ever come in to my life, let alone reside there for any length of time.  We see from the scripture what happens if we give it a little time--our whole being is permeated with it.

And the enemy is so subtle and devious in the way he goes about tempting us with pride at times--it can actually come in the form of humility, well, that is false humility.

We must be on our toes and be aware of how satan will come in and try to steal our witness.

When we are, we will know it is only in the Lord that we have any right to boast at all.

Therefore, as it is written: “Let him who boastboast in the Lord.”--
1 Corinthians 1:31--

© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted