Monday, January 7, 2013

No Shadow of Turning



Now.....before you jump all over me for being negative about my latest painting, let it suffice to say that there are a couple of things I like about it and most importantly, I learned a few things.

 Not the least of which is--well, see that top petal--I learned how to make a petal look like it is 3-d. Nevermind the fact that it is turned the wrong way coming out from the pod as are many of the others--smile!

Although I did look at another artist's painting when I did the one yesterday (it doesn't look a lot like the original), I am trying hard to make up my own compositions and today I did not look at anything while I painted this AND it shows.

No matter how hard I worked I could not get these flowers to face me--they just wanted to turn backwards--and because watercolor is so hard to control, I just had to go with the flow--no pun intended.

Have you ever felt like you were turned the wrong way and just couldn't get headed back in the right direction?  That is the way I felt as I painted this.

If I were to try to get some spiritual significance from this little episode, I would have to say that it makes me really appreciate our God and that with Him there is not even a shadow of turning.  How awesome is that?


Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.  James 1:17
I love the King James version of this verse! 










© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted