Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Greatest Revelation



It has been interesting reading all the social media concerning the new year. I have read more than one person who has made the statement, "I am wondering what the new year holds for me and my family." When I read today's devotional by Oswald Chambers I thought it related perfectly to those comments.



Have you been asking God what He is going to do? He will never tell you. God does not tell you what He is going to do— He reveals to you who He is.  Do you believe in a miracle-working God, and will you “go out” in complete surrender to Him until you are not surprised one iota by anything He does?


He will reveal Himself to us if we earnestly seek Him.  I pray that I may not be looking so much for what He does this year as I do to learning WHO HE IS.
The painting above is my first watercolor of the new year.  I am extremely pleased and terribly excited.  I am taking an online course and I don't know if this was beginner's luck or if she is a good teacher.  Here is a link to her website if you are interested.

© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted