The Greatest Revelation



It has been interesting reading all the social media concerning the new year. I have read more than one person who has made the statement, "I am wondering what the new year holds for me and my family." When I read today's devotional by Oswald Chambers I thought it related perfectly to those comments.



Have you been asking God what He is going to do? He will never tell you. God does not tell you what He is going to do— He reveals to you who He is.  Do you believe in a miracle-working God, and will you “go out” in complete surrender to Him until you are not surprised one iota by anything He does?


He will reveal Himself to us if we earnestly seek Him.  I pray that I may not be looking so much for what He does this year as I do to learning WHO HE IS.
The painting above is my first watercolor of the new year.  I am extremely pleased and terribly excited.  I am taking an online course and I don't know if this was beginner's luck or if she is a good teacher.  Here is a link to her website if you are interested.

© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted

Comments

Sandy said…
I have been guilty in the past of seeking the Lord's hand instead of His face and I have purposed not to do that anymore. When we know Who He is then He will supply all our need.I looked up the artist's web site and her work is so beautiful...but yours is too! And I don't think it's beginner's luck!Hope your day is filled with His presence.
Love,
Sandy
HisFireFly said…
What wisdom here!

I have often found myself repenting for my demanding ways, insisting that He tell me what's ahead. I need not know, I need only know Him!
susanwalkergirl said…
Amen and amen...love the quote from Oswald Chambers and your admonition. May I earnestly seek the Lord everyday.

I agree with Sandy, in the past I too has sought the Lord's work in my life rather than the Lord Himself.

Thanks for this thought provoking post! Susan

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

Oh the Glory of Your Presence

Tulips, Followers, Ice etc.