Gabriella Speaks to Her Soul



Gabriella speaks to her soul and says as King David did:

"Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God."

My heart and soul yearn for God as I think a deer might pant for streams of water after a run for its life.
I must meet with the Lord of this great universe.

Like an artesian well my tears keep springing up,
They are the only sustenance I know.

Why do I listen to those who only have negative things to say,
Who have the audacity to ask me where my God is now?

Surely I have enough wits about me to remember
the days when I sang songs of joy
and even led others in worship.

Yes, I remember so I will say

Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God.

a loose paraphrase of Psalm 42


Gabriella is totally digital but I hope you can see her heart and hear her soul.

© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted

Linking to






Comments

Nancy said…
These girls you are doing are beautiful and really add to the Scripture you are using....It's like it makes the Scripture come to life....

Please tell me how you do this digitally? I would love to try to add to my art journals...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend...I love your new blog....
Dianne Hogue said…
I started this one my IPad in an app called Pen and Ink--when I got a good resemblance of a person I imported it to Photoshop and finished painting her there--It is great fun. Thanks for the kind words.
Janis Cox said…
How do I subscribe by email?
Janis www.janiscox.com
Sandy said…
She's really pretty. I agree with Nancy, I like what you're doing with "the girls". However, Sunny is my fave so far.
Hey Janis,
On the right sidebar there is a black tab--I added the "Subscribe by Email" button there.

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

T.J. Maxx, Shopping Carts & Total Embarrassment