Tuesday, June 30, 2009

WHAT'S YOUR HANDLE? preference, that is

Okay, if you don't read Boomama, you've got to start TODAY. Her post is about how people place their kitchen utensils in the dishwasher. I was having a very good week, a very good Tuesday actually until I read that blog.

It seems that some people place their eating and cooking utensils in the dishwasher handle-side up and some people place them handle-side down. Boomama noticed on a recent trip home that her mom and her aunt both put the utensils in handle-side down. She is concerned that she is deviating from the "family norm" of how to load a dishwasher.

Oh no, one more thing to worry about. On certain days I place some one way and some the other and on other days I place them all up and on other days I place them all down. I really have to wonder how I would place them if I was single. My reasoning says they get cleaner with the place where you put your mouth UP. However, the hubs is less than happy when he goes to unload the DW and sticks himself with the tines of a fork. So, I guess that sorta explains why I do it one way one day and the other way the next. Some days I actually care what he thinks.

Wonder how I will place them tomorrow. Oh well, I will think about that tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day!