Tuesday, June 14, 2011

al fresco revisited



When I designed the picture above and was pondering what to name it, I imagined the crabapple blooms floating on the wings of spring breezes. I knew I wanted to incorporate a foreign term in the layout so while looking up foreign terms used often in english, I came upon "al fresco"--al fresco (Italian): Fresh; painting on fresh or moist plaster; in the fresh, cool or open air.

The second meaning seemed to just fit what I was seeking for my textured photograph so I named it "al fresco."

This morning in my Bible reading I came across this passage from Psalm 104 and did a double take when I read:

"He makes the clouds his chariot and rides on the wings of the wind. He makes winds his messengers"--

My heart rejoiced because I knew this was exactly what I wanted to pray for you today. Below the scripture, I am including the prayer I prayed for my descendants today and for YOU. I place these prayers under the "Pray With Me" section of my blog.

I have been lax posting these lately but need to make a new commitment to that. The enemy has really tried to discourage me about this portion of my blog because I realize what the Bible says about "going into your closet" to pray and not praying on the public square, so to speak, for attention, or for any other reason than to voice your true requests from the heart to God.

That is one reason I have placed the prayers over on the sidebar and do not broadcast them on the main portion of the blog. However, today, I want to do just that--to encourage you once again to join me in praying for our descendants as we did during the month of December, 2010.


Praise the LORD, O my soul.
O LORD my God, you are very great;
you are clothed with splendor and majesty.
He wraps himself in light as with a garment;
he stretches out the heavens like a tent
and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters.
He makes the clouds his chariot
and rides on the wings of the wind.
He makes winds his messengers,
flames of fire his servants.

The prayer:

Good morning Lord, here I am again asking, seeking, knocking for my children, my grandchildren, the men of Renewal Ranch, my extended family, the children of precious friends, my blog readers and their families--

Lord, when I read of Your awesome power in the scriptures above, I know that You can be a messenger today to those for whom I am praying. I pray that the cool breezes of your conviction, affirmation, love, mercy, grace and salvation will be carried to the hearts who need to hear them.

I pray that they will have ears to hear and hearts to discern the message from Your precious Holy Spirit. You know what each individual one needs to hear so I pray that You will speak on wings of love the Words that are most needed by each.

I love You Father and give You praise for what You are going to accomplish this day, this hour, this minute, on this, the wings of Your cool, refreshing breath--the breath of life. How we need Your life today.

And I pray this in Jesus' Name and for His sake only. Amen and amen.

This post is dedicated to Kay Taylor--for your encouragement--thank you!  One of my goals today, Kay, is to get the Tulsa trip recorded on the Renewal Ranch history blog--