Friday, November 27, 2020

Our New Supreme Court Justice


Listening to Amy Coney Barrett during the hearings for her nomination to the Supreme Court,  I was amazed at her knowledge, composure, quiet spirit, and succinct answers to senate members' questions.

If she were a professor at our local university, I would sign up tomorrow for a course under her even though studying law has never been a great interest of mine.

I have been doing some research lately and came across a couple of articles that I think you might like.  The first is from the Gospel Coalition website.  Here is a link.

Also, in that article it is said that she is a member of People of Praise.  That sounded so interesting to me because I believe that God is all worthy of every praise.  I wanted to learn more about them so went to their website.

What I read was the most uplifting description of an organization I think I have ever read.  It reminded me so much of the description of the early Christian church in Acts.  Here is a link to that article. 

I hope you are having a great Black Friday.  I got out just for a little while to buy myself a new laptop.  I had been saving for several months.  I bought it online and went to Best Buy curbside pickup to get it.  It was the best shopping experience I think I've ever had.  I drove straight into a parking space, let them know I was there and had my new laptop in less than 5 minutes.  Wow!  What a blessing!

I am also getting excited about advent.  I want to write my own someday but I don't have a clue about how to get started.  I am doing a lot of research on that and praying about it also. 


 




© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2020