Monday, October 21, 2024

MAKING JESUS LOOK MAGNIFICENT!



So, I am on a quest.  A quest to learn more about the Holy Spirit.

I ask God the Father each morning what the most important thing is that He wants me to know about the Holy Spirit today.

Because his writings have spoken to my heart so much lately, I keep going back to John Piper's website and typing in that question in the search bar--

It is not John Piper himself but the scriptures that he gives that speaks to my heart.  He has done the hard work of looking up all the scriptures so my task is made easier.

It seems that every day brings new revelation into the person of the Holy Spirit.

I love, love, love the quote below found on the website I just mentioned.

"The Spirit is meant, in all that he does, to make Jesus look magnificent.

That’s what he’s in the world to do.

So, if you love the beauty of Christ, if you treasure the glory of Christ, you’re going to love the ministry of the Holy Spirit.

You’re going to be eager to know it, talk about it, think about it, and most of all, you’re going to be eager to experience his work in your life doing that."

Quote by John Piper


So for today and for me, suffice it to say that the most important thing to know about the Holy Spirit is that His mission is to make Jesus look magnificent.  That touches my heart so deeply.

Does my life reflect that?

Galatians 5:25

If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit.

Here is a link to Piper's article that helps make all of this more clear.  It is a very challenging read but well worth the time it took to read and study it.

I plan to read and study the scriptures it lists and truly meditate upon them the rest of this week.

Lord, keep my intentions at the forefront of my thoughts.  Help me keep in step with You.





© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2024