Sunday, November 22, 2009

I've been dreaming of a white christmas

Photobucket

B
ut I never dreamed it would come true to the extent that it did. Now if I were Boomama, I could write this story so that I would win some kind of comedy award, but since I'm not, maybe you will be at least somewhat amused.

First of all, I played hookey from church this morning. I have a few health issues, not the least of which is a newly-acquired bum hip, most likely the results of "A" taking its toll. I don't want to say the whole name and give it any more credence than necessary but it is a disease that often times affects bones and joints in the more mature. (ahem)

Anyway, I decided to get in the jetted tub while my husband was worshiping and see if that would help. It most likely has been at least a year since I have been in this tub and the same bubble bath bottle from "no telling when" was still sitting there. I truly did not think that I was putting too much although I did give it a little extra squirt.

Thinking I would get the water really hot and then get in when it had cooled down to the temperature I liked, I filled the tub with water straight out of the hot water tank (no cold water). Maybe that extremely hot water was the reason. Maybe the OLD bubble bath had evaporated and was stronger. Who knows? But this is what transpired. Bubbles about a foot above the top of the tub--yep, believe it or not! I should have taken pictures at first but did not think to do so.

I tried everything I could think of. I tried splashing glasses of cold water on it. I did not have a sprayer in there or I would have used that. I scooped handfuls of it out and placed it in the two lavatories. I couldn't even get that to go away by splashing it with cold water.

Finally, I got desperate and thought, "I've got to get rid of this evidence before my husband gets home." He was gracious enough to volunteer to go buy groceries after church--we have family coming in tomorrow to stay for the better part of a week and I did not want to put any extra pressure on him.

We have a window right beside our tub so I went to the kitchen to get a big "scooping pan." I opened the window (after almost busting a gut--they are wooden windows and swell and well you know) and proceeded to scoop out into the back yard many, many cookie sheetfuls of the most beautiful suds you have ever seen.

When I got it down low, I decided to turn the jets back on--bad idea! and try the whirlpool once again. Same thing! Raise window back up--(it doesn't raise any easier) More scooping.

When I got it down low, I decided to turn the jets back on--real bad idea! and try the whirlpool once again. Same thing! Raise window back up--(it doesn't raise any easier) More scooping.

When I got it down low, I decided to turn the jets back on--really, really bad idea! and try the whirlpool once again. Same thing! Raise window back up--(it doesn't raise any easier) More scooping.


On the fifth bathtubful (is that a word?), I decided that I was NOT going to be denied my soak, although by now I had worked every crook and glitch out of every muscle. But soak I did for all of 3 minutes as I watched the suds flowing and flowing over the side of the tub and coming up around my chin. (and I was sitting up not lying back--very relaxing I might add)


While all of this was going on, I was getting more and more amused and laughing harder with each tubful of suds. The first bathtubful was just a little smile and grin. The second--a little chuckle, the third--more laughter, the fourth--serious laughter and the fifth--tear-producing laughter.

An hour later, I am exhausted, put on my robe, and leave the mess for my big, handsome sweetheart of a husband to clean up.

"Ring. Ring."

He just called me on the way to the grocery store. He said, "It is beautiful outside. Have you been out on the deck?"

I replied, "Yes, but not because I wanted to but to take pictures for my blog." That took some explaining. He laughed really hard. He said he had to go so he could call all the kids and tell them. I told him to let them read it here because there were pictures to prove it. Surely no one would believe this Gracie Allen antic.

He said, "Did you ever think just to drain the tub and start all over?"

I didn't have the nerve to tell him that I had used all the hot water straight from the hot water tank and I couldn't start all over and refill it--there would have been no hot water. Of course, as it was, it did me no good anyway.

The following pictures will tell the story better than I can.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket