Tuesday, November 17, 2009

its voice

Take a closer look at the photograph. Does it speak to you? Does it whisper quietly of soul-stirring recipes of love? Does it shout loudly of universe-embedded truth? The Holy Spirit breathed inspiration in the scripture below is a tome of knowledge, wisdom and truth. Drink deep of its beauty.

Photobucket

Memorization of the Bible--something I have been wanting to do for a long time but didn't think I could do, so didn't try it. Not a good trait--I am not proud of that.

We were challenged to memorize scripture last week over at Holy Experience. One reader was memorizing Psalm 19 so I decided to try that one since I already knew the first couple of verses.

It is 7:59 a.m. and I am going to try to write out this scripture.

The heavens declare the glory of the Lord. (glory of God--missed that)
The skies proclaim the work of His hands.

Day after day they pour forth speech.
Night after night they display knowledge.

There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.
Their words go out into all the earth; (their voice not their words--missed that)
Their words to the end of the world. (ends--not end) Oh, me!

In the heavens He has pitched a tent for the sun,
Which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,
Like a champion rejoicing to run his course.

It rises from one end of the heavens ("at one end NOT From one end")
and makes it circuit to the other
Nothing is hidden from its heat.

The law of the Lord is perfect,
reviving the soul.

The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy;
Making wise the simple.

The precepts of the Lord are right
Giving joy to the heart.

The commands of the Lord are radiant,
Giving light to the eyes.

The fear of the Lord is pure
enduring forever.

The ordinances of the Lord are sure
and altogether righteous.

They are more precious than gold,
Than much pure gold.
They are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the comb.

By them is your servant warned;
In keeping them there is great reward.

Who can discern his errors,
Forgive my hidden faults,

Keep your servant also from willful sins,
(may they not rule over me)--totally left this line out
then will I be blameless,
Innocent of great transgression.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in thy sight, (your sight NOT thy sight)
O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

I THINK IT DID IT! OR GOT VERY CLOSE. IT IS 8:06 so it took me 7 minutes to type all of that out--

Now I am going to copy and paste the REAL chapter from the Bible and see how close I came and grade it in RED.


Psalms 19

19:1 For the director of music. A psalm of David.

The heavens declare the glory of God;the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

2 Day after day they pour forth speech;night after night they display knowledge.

3 There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.

4 Their voice goes out into all the earth,their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,

5 which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,like a champion rejoicing to run his course.

6 It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other;nothing is hidden from its heat.

7 The law of the LORD is perfect,reviving the soul.The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,making wise the simple.

8 The precepts of the LORD are right,giving joy to the heart.The commands of the LORD are radiant,giving light to the eyes.

9 The fear of the LORD is pure,enduring forever.The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous.

10 They are more precious than gold,than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey,than honey from the comb.

11 By them is your servant warned;in keeping them there is great reward.

12 Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults.

13 Keep your servant also from willful sins;may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless,innocent of great transgression.

14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight,O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
NIV




Well, I am glad I tried it today because tomorrow is the BIG test day. I know what to work on now to make it perfect. After all the THE LAW OF THE LORD IS PERFECT! and it does revive my soul.

Family info: Jeff and Kendall's team lost last night. We were ahead at the end of all three quarters and lost in the final quarter. We were without Logan (he is hurt) and D.C. got in early foul trouble which really hurt us. Senior girls won really big. Caroline's team lost but she led her team in scoring playing up from 7th to 9th grade.

PHOTO--If I am not mistaken, I think this is a picture taken and sent to me by my friend, Marianne--a Louisiana bayou--

UPDATE: Today is Wednesday. I am retaking my test.It is 7:49a.m.

Psalm 19

The heavens declare the glory of the Lord >(glory of God--missed that)

The skies proclaim the work of his hands

Day after day they pour forth speech
Night after night they display knowledge


There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard
Their voice goes out into all the earth
Their words to the ends of the world

In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun
Which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion
Like a champion rejoicing to run his course

It rises from one end of the heavens "at one end"--missed that
and makes it circuit to the other
Nothing is hidden from its heat

The law of the Lord is perfect
Reviving the soul

The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy
making wise the simple

the precepts of the Lord are right
giving joy to the heart

the commands of the Lord are radiant
giving light to the eyes

the fear of the Lord is pure
enduring forever

the ordinances of the Lord are sure
and altogether righteous

They are more precious than gold
Than much pure gold
They are sweeter than honey
Than honey from the comb

By them is your servant warned
In keeping them there is great reward

Who can discern his errors
Forgive my hidden faults

Keep your servant also from willful sins
May they not rule over me
Then will I be blameless
Innocent of great transgression

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be pleasing in your sight
O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

It is now 7:57 and I will review and then check it. It is 7:59. I just reviewed it and am happy with the result. Now for the grading.

Thank you Lord. Only two small mistakes. A week ago I did not think I could do this.

How has this helped me? I will relate one small way.

Last night I went to sleep but awoke in the middle of the night. I tossed and turned for what seemed like an hour or more. Then I started to recite my chapter in the wee hours--I don't remember anything after that. The law of the Lord brought perfect rest to my body.


Oh, and one more thing. I cannot wait to start my memorization for this week. I am deciding between Psalm 112 (my favorite and life verse for this season of my life) and a New Testament passage.

Posted in community with the other sojourners at:

holy experience