Sunday, November 1, 2009

multitude monday

Wow! What a week. We received word last Monday morning that our oldest son, Jeff, had had a mild heart attack and was in the hospital with blood sugar at 550 and triglycerides over 2000--complications of diabetes out of control.

A whirlwind of decisions of whether to have open heart surgery or try to open up the blocked arteries with stents was made with him and his wife choosing stents because of his young age and the wisdom of the doctor.

For those of you who have been reading my recent posts, I won't go in to further detail, but suffice it to say that God has been merciful to our family once again and so far the stents are a success and he is in the process of getting his blood sugar under control.

My heart is full of thanksgiving this week.

#76. That God spared my son's life. This is Jeff this past Friday night at his son, Kendall's football game. With all that happened, he didn't even miss a game.

Photobucket


#77. For Jeff's wife who has taken such wonderful care of him.

#78. For Jeff's children who were so sweet during the whole ordeal--Kendall and Kailey, I love you beyond measure.

#79. For extended family and friends who stood so faithfully by us with their presence and prayers--Michael and Traci and kids, Chris and Andrea and kids, my brother, John and family, my sister, Mary Jane and family, Rita and family, Nava and family, Marianne and family, Marilyn and family, Carole and family, Lynda and family, our church and pastors, all the awesome faculty and staff and parents from the school where Jeff teaches, and so many friends--I wish I could list you all. You will never know how much we love and appreciate all of your prayers for our son.

#80. For the engineering of the heart itself--what a magnificent organ!

#81. For football games,

Photobucket
Kendall is #4. He is lining up at wide receiver.

Photobucket
Kendall walks the sidelines while the defense is in.

Photobucket
I don't know if Kendall is praying or what. The game did not go well. It was our last chance to make the playoffs and we lost. One more game left in a very disappointing season. We lost our awesome quarterback to a broken collar bone very early in the season.

#82. crisp, cold evenings

83. crimson and gold leaves that take my breath away

#84. new computers that are so fast you can't believe it--yes, we got a new MacMini or is it MiniMac--anyway, it is wonderful and I am having to relearn a lot of things--

#85. for the privilege of watching my grandchildren, who live in another city, worship last Sunday night

#86. and finally for our trip to see our youngest son and family even though it was rushed because of my school reunion and getting word of Jeff's problems. I will post pictures tomorrow of that trip.

Dianne

Posted in thanksgiving with the Gratitude Community at:

holy experience