Monday, July 18, 2011

Strength & Sustenance





 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:16-21




Oh Father, here I am again, Lord, asking, seeking, knocking for my children, my grandchildren, my seed, my descendants, the men of Renewal Ranch, my friends' children and grandchildren, my extended family and their descendants--

First of all, I want to give glory where glory is due and Father, You are due all the glory. You alone are good and worthy and true and righteous and holy. I recognize that in You lies everything my heart could ever dream or hope for and I acknowledge that You are the King of the universe and we are saved by the sacrifice of Your one and only Son, Jesus.

I also acknowledge that You alone are just. My logic will never figure things out but because You are just and trustworthy and Your mercies begin afresh every morning, I can trust You, Father and I do trust and believe You. Where there is doubt or unbelief in my heart, I depend on You to help me. You alone are the giver of faith and I trust in You for even the faith to believe.

Oh God, the scripture above is so powerful and I ask that You would strengthen the inner being through Your glorious riches of those for whom I am praying. We can do nothing apart from You but we can do the impossible with You--the reason I ask for this--so that Christ may dwell, truly live, in their hearts through Jesus Christ.

Father, I pray that You would root and establish those that they would know beyond a shadow of any doubt just how wide, how long, how high, how deep is the love of Christ and that they together with all of God's people would know this love that surpasses knowledge and be filled with the fullness of God.

O God, show us what that looks like--if we can bear it, Lord--to be filled with Your fullness--oh, that our countenance would shine forth the power of Your glory--for the benefit of the gospel so that those around us would know that we have truly been with God.

And as that last verse in this portion speaks of--O God, throughout all the generations of my seed--Lord, let not a single generation be spared the glory of the vision of You in all Your fullness.

Father, I give You praise and glory and honor and devotion and all that I know how to give You from the bottom of my heart and ask these things in the Name that is above every name--Jesus! My Savior and Lord. Amen and amen!