Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Lighthouse

Photobucket

Surely, your Word searches me out when I am in troubled waters.

Your divine beacon shines through the fog of my disgrace

to give my spirit new hope, new joy, new life.

Your Word, Jesus Christ, is a strong and mighty tower,

a lighthouse that stands strong, steady, and sure amidst turbulent waters.

Your voice floats over the waves of my being,

giving strength as it travels until in mighty crescendos

it cascades over the polluted sands of my sinful soul,

cleansing each stain in its wake,

and speaking peace and calm to a troubled sea of thoughts, angsts, and emotions.

I turn and walk towards the sunset leaving each empty shell of remorse

on His shore of forgetfulness.
___________________________________________

Photograph-the Oregon coastline 2001

_____________________________________________________________


 The seas have lifted up, LORD, 
   the seas have lifted up their voice; 

   the seas have lifted up their pounding waves. 

Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, 
   mightier than the breakers of the sea— 
   the LORD on high is mighty.

an edited repost from past pages