Weekend Worship at Union United Methodist Church, Dillard, Georgia



If my people who are called by my name,




will humble themselves and pray and seek my face,



and turn from their wicked ways,


then will I hear from heaven



and forgive their sin,




and heal their land.




1 Chronicles 7:14

So my friend, if you are one of God's people, it looks as if it is up to us to humble ourselves and pray and seek God's face and turn from our wicked ways, then God will come and forgive us and heal our land.  What a wonderful promise from God!



Comments

Sandy said…
It's His promise and He won't break it, IF only the people, His people, will turn from their sin and really intercede.
This church is beautiful and will have to go in my favorites file!
xo
Adoption Mama said…
I love the new look on your blog...I love your friendship even more.
mylittlecottage said…
nice post thanks for sharing looking for to visit more...blessings
Barb said…
It is HIS promise and He is faithful. I love the photo- love you too.
Nava said…
This is good Dianne--you have a gift with capturing churches.
Debbie said…
Beautiful photos. That's "my" kind of church building style. I may have mentioned that before.

I love what you said at the end after the verse, too. Amen.

Additionally, I like to remember that his "land" is also his territory or promised land where his temple abides. Therefore, we, individually are also His land.

As my husband says, we were Canaan. Then Joshua (Yeshua) conquered us and built his temple of the Holy Spirit within us. Now, we are part of the Promise.

And sometimes, (often? always?) the land that most needs healing is the one within us.

Wonderful trip to weekend worship as always!
Debbie said…
I love your photos! And this verse of Scripture is one that is needed especially now. If only Christians would do this ...

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

T.J. Maxx, Shopping Carts & Total Embarrassment