Friday, November 16, 2012

An Evening Sacrifice







I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling- 1 Timothy 2:8 ESV 
So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands.
Psalm 63:4 ESV 
Let my prayer be counted as incense before you, and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice!
Psalm 141:2 ESV 
Lift up your hands to the holy place and bless the Lord!
Psalm 141:2 ESV 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
I had a knee replacement last year and I cannot get down on my knees to pray any more.  If you can, I pray that you will bow down and worship before Him today. 
If you can't, I pray that you will lift your hands to God. 
If you can't lift your hands, then consider lifting your voice--
If you can't lift your voice, I pray that you will lift your heart-- 
that is what God really desires from us--our hearts. 

Oh God, show me how today to lift my heart totally to you--to hold no reservations, no places that I am not willing to expose fully to you.  I love you, Lord.  Thank you for this small space here on the world wide web and I pray that this simple devotional will bless people all over this great planet.  Give health, healing, hope and salvation to all my readers, I pray in Jesus' Name.  Amen


© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted

Photography by Josh Kear-
Cooper praising God