Train Up A Child


Proverbs 22:6  Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not leave it.

This beautiful lady's name is Montine.  She is the mother of one of our residents at Renewal Ranch.  I love this picture of her as she sits in chapel on Saturday morning and rests in the promises of God that she has depended upon for years.

You see, her son has just had his life restored after twenty five years of addiction.  In class last Wednesday I wish you could have heard his humble testimony as he gave all the credit to the prayers of his faithful, loving mother.

My friend, if you have a wayward child, a prodigal son or daughter, do not be discouraged, but be encouraged knowing the God of the ages will hear your prayer just as he heard Montine's.

Have a wonderful week.  I love you.
Dianne

Photography by Josh Kear--thank you, dear Josh--
 © all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted

Comments

Susy said…
I needed that reminder ~ thank you my friend. And what an expressive photo. xo
Sandy said…
What a precious photo. She is lovely and reminds me of my mother who never gave up praying for her wayward children. Though she didn't see all of them come to the Lord before she went to heaven, I still believe her prayers will be answered.
Love you~
Debbie said…
Amen. Amen. Amen. I have a grandmother who never gave up on her son just like that and a brother-in-law whom we never gave up on either. God is faithful!!
oh goodness, i have a wayward, lost one.
this gives me such faith. i've begun a
fast to 'boost' my prayers.
Rosario said…
Hello Dianne,
I'm back in the blog world. I hope I can update more often. I have good news and not so good news. I will soon see my father. He has returned to Texas he is very sick, very damaged liver. Doctors don't give him only a month. My father is staying optimistic, he is waiting to see his daughter. But I tell him that God is the one who decides his days. We need to keep up hoping and praying,that God will show his mercy and give him one more chance. I will update you as soon as I can. Much love and blessings your way. My dear friend.

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

Oh the Glory of Your Presence

Tulips, Followers, Ice etc.