Dining Room Centerpiece



I took a cue from Kim yesterday and changed my dining room table centerpiece.  I was using a wrought iron candle holder with five candles and it was beginning to look really wintery.

I used the tulips I bought last week at the grocery store and found an earthy container to put them in.

Grabbed some apples from the kitchen counter--

Grabbed a handful of my mother-in-law's silver plate stored in a drawer where no one sees it--

Also used her pewter creamer and pitcher--
The pewter is really old--at least 50 years old probably much older than that--

Made it really eclectic by using the heavily textured placemats and blue willow china--











I'm loving it!
Thanks for the inspiration, Kim.



Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.
Psalm 95:6


© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted


linking to

Wow Us Wednesdays



Comments

S. Etole said…
Turned out beautifully.
Sandy said…
Really beautiful. Everything I've seen of our home speaks of love and comfort. I'm sure your family enjoys gathering there.
Love~
Maria said…
How pretty! I love the silver, and love the creamer and pitcher! Such a sweet arrangement!
Pam said…
So pretty. I love the eclectic-ness of it.
Barb said…
It is the simplicity of it that makes it so lovely. The most beautiful things in the world that come from God's hands are simple things. I was sharing with a friend earlier today about how excited I am that spring is coming, told her that magical things happen when the trees put on their pastel colored dresses, said when spring arrives and the flowers bloom their scent fills the air with a fragrance sweeter than the most costly perfume.
I love what you've done. Love you too.
elizabeth said…
Loving this very much!
Anita Johnson said…
I'm loving it too! my centerpiece looks a bit wintery too...now I have inspiration!

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

T.J. Maxx, Shopping Carts & Total Embarrassment