Sunday, March 31, 2013

It's Official, I'm In Love


Yes, I fell hard this past week for Annie Sloan chalk paints.  I had read and heard so much about them on the internet.

I could not be any more pleased than I am.

They are wonderful--

No sanding unless you want to--
I sanded just a little bit on this piece after it was painted and antiqued.

It is a little costly but to paint this whole buffet, I used between an inch and an inch and a half from my quart of paint.  

Some pieces require a second coat.  This one did not. 

I should be able to do another piece or two with this same quart.

Couldn't find my extra camera battery and my battery was dead and the paint was already open--

So I had to go ahead and get started.  I have no "before" picture.

I loved this piece before--it was a dark olive green.

It is in my entry hall which is kinda dark so the piece was just a non-entity.  It was never noticed.

I opened the front door to take these pictures--to get a little natural light and oops, I see I missed a couple of spots with the dark wax but that can be remedied.



Just had to show you my $2.50 daffodil--



This color is called duck egg.

I think it is my favorite of all the colors.

I hope to do several more pieces in this color--
just to carry it throughout the house for a little continuity.

I will probably use a mixture of the clear and dark wax on the next piece I do.
I love this but would prefer that the antiquing be just a little lighter.

It was hard to make myself alter the beautiful aqua color that it was--


Have a wonderful week dear friends.



Work willingly at whatever you do, 
as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
Col. 3:23



© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted


linking to

Between Naps On The Porch

and

A Stroll Thru Life

Shabby Creek Cottage