One Grateful Thought


One single grateful thought raised to heaven is the most perfect prayer.--G.E. Lessing

I love this quote and the only thing I can think of which is better would be praising God and giving Him glory.

But in a very real way, I think grateful prayers are a way of giving Him glory.

I hope you will take some time today to get your favorite drink--mine is 'white wine'--that's what my dad called water, a good book of poetry, maybe have a fresh flower nearby and treat yourself to a calm and relaxing lazy, summer afternoon break.

I know not all of you will be able to do this--but maybe just seeing this and knowing someone is wishing you could--will be a boost.

***************************

I edited this photo in Lightroom and then added Kim Klassen's texture 'JustATouch2' at 100% opacity.  I erased some of the texture from the cup and the stems of the flowers.


© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2014



kimklassencafe

Comments

elizabeth said…
This is beautiful, just like you!
S. Etole said…
Amening what Elizabeth said.
Thank you so much dear friends, Elizabeth and Susan.
Sherri B. said…
Wonderful thoughts and a beautiful image...
Barbara said…
This is really pretty Elizabeth and wonderful quote.
Barb Brookbank said…
What an uplifting image, quote and post ... just beautiful.
Marilyn said…
A lovely thought. I will dream all day about about the poetry, flower and glass of wine.
Michelle B said…
Lovely image and quote. A lazy summer day sounds wonderful. Maybe I can squeeze in a few minutes of lazy...
EarlK said…
Beautifully done. I will enjoy my day through your image.

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

Oh the Glory of Your Presence

Tulips, Followers, Ice etc.