Thursday, June 21, 2012

What Are You Praying for Today?

On your walls, O Jerusalem, I have appointed watchmen;
All day and all night they will never keep silent
You who remind the LORD, take no rest for yourselves;
And give Him no rest until He establishes
And makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.  Isaiah 62:6,7

As we see from this passage of scripture, watchmen are never silent, they remind the Lord of his future calendar of events and appointments, they do not rest, and they give God no rest until He brings to fruition the promises to Jerusalem, making it a praise in all the earth.

For many years I have felt a call to be a watchmen for Jerusalem.  I have had periods of time when I have been faithful to this calling but more often than not, I have failed.  And so it is with a heavy heart that I come before God asking Him to forgive me, to work His mercy in my behalf and give me a new dedication and determination to be involved in the things that make His heart beat--namely, Israel.

I bought a book last summer entitled Praying for Israel's Destiny by James Goll.  I originally bought it because of the cover art by Randall Hasson.  I was signed up to attend a calligraphy and art workshop taught by Randall in Santa Fe, NM.

I have picked the book up from time to time and thought it a great book.  I kept it laying close by my usual "nook" so that I would be reminded to get back into it.  Today when I picked it up, it seemed to strike a new nerve, or rather one that had long lain dormant--the one pricked by the heart and the tears of God.

For the LORD'S portion is His people;
Jacob {Israel} is the allotment of His inheritance.
He found him in a desert land,
And in the howling waste of a wilderness;
He encircled him, He cared for him,
He guarded him as the pupil of His eye.
Like an eagle that stirs up its nest,
That hovers over its young,
He spread His wings and caught them,
He carried them on His pinions.

Deut. 32:9-11
James Goll states:       
................."The primary way that I pray today is with tears.  Something happens inside and I just begin to weep.  God puts in me His contrite heart, and I begin to feel what God feels over a situation, a place, an individual or a group of people."

As you remember, during the month of December, I felt a clarion call to intercede for our descendants.  It is my desire for the next few weeks to focus on the apple of God's eye, Israel, and the peace of Jerusalem.  I am hoping, by designed focus, to establish prayer for Israel as once again a priority in my prayer life.

What are you praying for today?  A situation, a place, a person, a group of people?  I encourage you to go to the wall as a watchman, to take no rest for yourself, to remind God of His Word to you.

God is not like man.  Sometimes we don't want to be reminded of a promise or a covenant we have made to someone.  But God loves to be reminded and to act on His Word.  We can trust Him.

When I go to the wall as a watchman and commit my heart to prayer, I like to go as one in tune with God and His Holy Spirit.  What are you praying for today?  Is it in line with God's Word?  Then rest assured that God will bring to pass His perfect will in that situation.

I also humbly ask that you join me in this prayer.

God is not a man that He should lie.

Likes to be reminded of his word--

In closing I would like to add that I'm not sure I understand fully all that praying Israel encompasses.

I do know that we are commanded to do it and that is enough for me.