Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Greater Joy

In the light of what is transpiring today in the Middle East, I pray that God will make Himself real to the suffering, the victims, the hopeless, the helpless, and that the perpetrators of evil will seek repentance and forgiveness and I pray that new joy, greater joy will abound in what seems like an impossible situation. Only God, only God........................

This is a repost from past pages--a year when people were thinking about the joys of autumn--not the horrors of war!

 




Y ou have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. Psalm 4:7

As I was spending time in God's Word this morning, I came across this awesome scripture.

As I have read on many blogs and social media outlets, most everyone is excited about autumn--isn't that the time when the grain has been harvested and the new wine has been made?

It is as if I can hear new hope, excitement and gratitude in the printed word--

but just look, the psalmist states that his Lord gives him greater joy than that.

That is the the cry of my heart today--

"Lord, you give me greater joy than anything else in my life.

No one can love me like you do--

no one can fill my soul with such satisfaction,

joy,

peace,

love, --

You alone can soothe me when I ache,

can heal me when I suffer,

can comfort me when I mourn.

You bring me greater joy!!


If you are finding life hard today and your joy seems to be hidden back in the dead of winters past, give Him your time, your devotion, your voice in singing, read His Word, meditate on it, do not hurry--Let Him fill You with His greater joy.




 © 2008-2023 all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted