Monday, October 1, 2012

Harvest Time

Harvest time--so much symbolism here--so much beauty--so much fullness, abundance just bursting at the seams.

 I've tried to add a touch of fall and harvest time to our home--thought you might want to take a little peek--PLUS, I don't think I'd ever shown you our family room after we finished painting the mantel white and the walls a golden color called Dromedary Camel (Sherwin Williams).

The paint color is really nice at all times of the day--light in the mornings, a little more medium looking towards mid-day and late afternoon--evenings it almost looks orange--just a little bit much if I had to look at it more than a couple of hours a day.



I really wish they would finish the tops of furniture even if it doesn't show--love this wintery looking arrangement--


One of my favorite pieces of furniture that we own--got it for almost nothing when my son had a wholesale furniture store--and the armoire next to it.





The paintings are mine--The family pic on this end has all 15 of us but this year it will be 17--Kailey got married and we are expecting a new grandson in December.





You can see in this picture how the white fireplace and mantel turned out.



The stuff in this white pitcher was in another arrangement with sunflowers--I divided it up and made two--the sunflowers are on top of the armoire.  White pitcher came from Target.



May all your carts overflow with His abundance,
Would you like to share your thoughts or your heart with me? My contact information is listed in the upper right of the sidebar. Please feel free to email me. I love hearing from you and cherish the friendships I have made through blogging.

 © all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted