Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hold His Light High!



While visiting a friend recently I saw a piece of art that depicted this scene: a prisoner stowed away in a dark cave holding a page of the book he was reading aloft as it burned and produced light for him to read the next page.

That was all the light there was--the one burning page.

 As he read each page, he would tear it out of the book, hold it to the previous page which had now burned down to ashes.

What a choice!

And what if the book were the Bible?

That piece of art really made me stop and think.

What would it be like to have to make a choice like that--to know that all you have is going up in flames to give light and knowledge for that moment?

So today as I read God's Word I will imagine it as the One Source of True Light that I have--

I will trust that its message produces in me lasting wisdom and knowledge.

And I will believe that its light held aloft will draw all people to Christ.


And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself." John 12:32



© all art, photography and text property of Elizabeth Dianne unless otherwise noted